These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions on this site. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights.
Terms & Conditions Last Changed - 22/01/2021
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on to the site (see date above). You will be asked to read and accept the Terms and Conditions each time you place an order to ensure that you are familiar with the most current ones.
The Playwell.co.uk Site is provided to you free of charge for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the Playwell.co.uk Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Text, graphics, software and any other material are owned by Playwell Martial arts Anyone is entitled to view this site and to print pages of this Web Site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Playwell. Any other use is strictly prohibited without Playwell written consent.
2. INTERNET ORDERS:
You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until you click the Submit Order button.
After you submit an order we will give you an Order Reference Number and details of the products you have ordered. We will send the same details to you in an email acknowledging receipt of your order (Order Acknowledgement). Please note that this email is an acknowledgement, not acceptance of your order.
We will tell you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason and may invite you to pay by another method or suggest that you visit our store. Please note that products, prices and offers in our store may differ from those featured on this site
Orders can be also be made by e-mail, post, fax, or telephone.
3. PRICES AND PAYMENTS
All prices and charges on this site are in UK pounds. They include any VAT payable, but exclude delivery charges.
The total cost of your order will be the price of the products you order, the applicable delivery charge. All these will be set out clearly in your Shopping Basket before you submit your order. Delivery charges are excluding VAT.
Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before, but not after, we accept your order. If something becomes unavailable we may offer you an alternative or cancel the item from your Order
IMPORTANT: We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we may cancel your order at any time up to the point we send you the product(s) (even if you have received your order confirmation email). We will contact you where we become aware of an error and ask whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we do cancel your order, you will receive a full refund of any charges paid in advance.
We accept payment by most major credit and debit cards. Payment is deducted when we process your order.
PayPal is now accepted for all items on our website, except any form of weapons (this includes rubber, wooden, and metal weapons) as per PayPal's Terms and Conditions.
Any purchases made by cheque will not be dispatched until the funds have cleared into our account. Please allow up to 5 working days for cheques to clear.
All cheques should be made payable to Playwell, with both the cheque card guarantee number and expiry date clearly written on the reverse of the cheque.
We regret that third party cheques or credit cards cannot be accepted.
Customers will be charged £25.00 in the event that any cheque presented as payment be returned to our Bankers as unpaid for any reason whatsoever.
Any charges incurred from a debt recovery agency will be passed on to the customer.
Ownership of goods is only passed to the purchaser when the full payment is received.
4. DELIVERY AND COURIER
Please note that Parcels have be to signed for when delivered, if some will not be in for accepting the Parcel, the Parcel is retained at the local depot and will be held for 3 days. After 3 days the Parcel is returned back to Playwell at a cost of £6.99, This Charge plus a further £5.99 will be charged to the customer for re-delivery
We would prefer an alternative address if the above is likely to happen at your chosen delivery address.
A. Where we deliver
We deliver to the World, Please e-mail us separately for International Postal charges and courier charges
All deliveries must be signed for except for items sent by post and which are small enough to be put through your letterbox. Please make sure you keep the receipt enclosed with your goods.
B. Delivery Charges Delivery Options
|Standard 3-5-day||£6.50||9.00am -5.30pm|
|Working Days e.g. Order On Monday - Delivery by Thursday|
|UK 48 Hours||£9.99||Before 3.00pm|
|Working Days e.g. Order On Sunday - Delivery By Wednesday|
|UK 24 Hours||£11.99||Before 2.00pm||Working Days e.g. Order On Friday - Delivery By Monday|
At times due to unforseenable reasons, delivery times can not be met, in this case Courier will downgrade the service and refund the difference.
NOTE: SURCHARGES THAT WILL BE ADDED ON TOP OF THE DELIVERY CHARGES STATED
A delivery surcharge ONLY FOR THE ZONES LISTED BELOW will be added to the total order cost when debiting your account.
ZONE 2: The Highlands and Islands of Scotland, including the following Postcodes: IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, ZE.
The surcharge will be an extra £5.99 plus VAT on the normal delivery prices stated.
ZONE 3: Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly. Postcodes: BT, IM, TR21-25.
The Surcharge will be an extra £5.99 plus VAT on the normal delivery prices stated.
We make every effort to keep our delivery charges as low as possible. Our charge depends on the type of product ordered and whether you choose standard delivery of 3-5 working days or a premium service, and whether or not you have all of your products delivered at the same time. You only pay one delivery charge for each order, irrespective of the number of products ordered.
The applicable delivery charge is shown on the order form . There are additional charges if you choose a premium delivery service, You will always be able to see all applicable charges before submitting your order. There can be errors at time with the software calculating each weight of the product, when this occurs, the webstore charges more than the actual cost, in this instance we will call customers and inform them that they will be charged at the normal standard rate
For larger products, in weight and size, there is an additional charge applicable, All wooden Staffs above 60inches in height, Punching Bags, Wing chun Dummies, will Incur extra cost and before the order is processed Customers will be notified and you would have the option of either conforming or cancelling the order
The goods will be dispatched by a reputable carrier, at a service chosen on checkout. Times of delivery are estimated as accurately as possible but can be subject to delays out of our control and therefore we cannot be held responsible.
In the case of non-delivery or missing parcels, normal channels will be pursued before replacement or compensation is allowed.
Deliveries must be checked by customers before signing receipt from carrier. The company will not be responsible for goods damaged in transit if signed for with no reference to condition delivered in.
Any damages or shortages must be notified to us in writing or by call within 1 day of receipt of goods, Also if the box appears to be damaged upon delivery you must sign for it as damaged.
Signed proof of carrier required where complete parcel is damaged or there are shortages of items.
Where goods are lost, damaged or distorted after delivery, and the ownership has yet to pass, the purchaser will indemnify us against this loss provided it has not resulted from our negligence.
Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
5. EXCHANGE AND REFUNDS
For most items, you have the legal right to cancel your order within 14 working days of receiving the goods. However, this right does not apply to certain items such as personalised products, Special Ordered goods and Dvds Music Cds, and Books which has been opened. If you wish to cancel using this right, you need to inform us in writing within 14 working days starting the day after you received the goods.The cancellation must be made by a letter, fax or e-mail.
You must take reasonable care of the goods and immediately return them to us in the normal way. We will not consider that you have taken reasonable care of the goods if they have been used in a way or to an extent beyond what would be reasonable when examining the goods in a shop before purchase.
If you need to return all / part of your order for size / item exchange, please return to :
Playwell Martial Arts - J34
Big Yellow Storage
W5 - 1DN
Items returned within the 14 day cooling off period
By law, customers located in the European Union also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within 14 working days of the day after the date the item is delivered.
Where you are withdrawing from your purchase within the 14 working day cooling-off period, and there has been no error on our part, we will refund the cost of the item and the cost of sending the item only to you. Buyer would need to pay for return postage costs
If a error is made on our part or you have recieved a faulty / damaged item then we would cover all postage costs, Replacements are only sent out once we have the original faulty / incorrect item returned back to us
- • Where you are returning an item that was part of a larger order, we'll refund the per-item charge for delivery that you incurred
- • Where you are returning an entire order, we'll refund applicable per-item delivery charges and the per-delivery charge that you incurred
- • We will refund only standard (Airmail) postage charges for items delivered outside the UK
- • Where we collect an item from you, we reserve the right to recover the costs of collection from you.
Items returned After 14 day returns guarantee
Where you are withdrawing from your purchase more than 14 days after delivery , and there has been no error on our part, we will refund only the cost of the item. We will not refund the cost of delivery or other services provided to you in connection with your purchase.
There will be a charge of £5.99 per parcel for re-delivery in UK for exchanges after the 14 day period, Please ensure that your cheque in payment of these charges is enclosed with your returns and that cheque guarantee card number is written on the reverse. Include a copy of the Invoice together with your further instructions for Exchange/ Refunds
No return goods will be accepted unless previously agreed with Playwell. Returns under complaint must indicate invoice number and the Playwell reference number.
Refunds and exchanges can only be made for goods that are returned with the original packaging, unworn, unused and unwashed.
Abuse/misuse/incorrect ordering by the customer will NOT be refunded. Goods are not available for inspection or on approval basis. Playwell can take no responsibility for goods incorrectly ordered. If you are unsure of your size, please check our SIZE GUIDE prior to ordering.
All other refunds after the 14 day period will be liable for an administration charge of 10% of the total invoice price.
- Playwell weapons can only be sold to persons over the age of 18 years. Use and Misuse of Martial Arts Weapons can involve serious risk, including injury, disability and death. Weapons are sold for training and Kata use only under strict expert supervision, or for demonstrations of forms, or as collectors' items for display only. Inspect weapons before use to ensure that they are in perfect condition. DO NOT USE WEAPONS FOR SPARRING OR CONTACT. User assumes all risks of Injury.
- No Wooden weapons used in Martial Arts are under Warranty if used for Contact or Sparring or being dropped on the floor while training.
- We do not accept liability for damage or injury caused through misuse of products purchased.
7. Description and prices are correct at the time of going to the press but many are subject to alteration. We reserve the right to invoice at prices ruling at the time of despatch. Every effort will be made to notify customers of price increase prior to despatch.
8. Goods are offered subject to availability. Colours of Products, Where an option is available, choice of colours is available, where we state Colour subject to availability, we will dispatch the colour in stock, please e-mail or call us to specify required colour or ask for availability
9. Due to continuous improvement in the Martial Arts World, we reserve the right to alter specifications on products without any notice.
10. The actual products may differ from the photographs shown in this catalogue as pictures are for illustration purpose only.
11. We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided by you on registration or via a suitable announcement on the Playwell.co.uk site. The changes will apply to the use of the Playwell.co.uk Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the Playwell.co.uk Online Store. If you continue to use the Playwell.co.uk Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Playwell.co.uk Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
12. Playwell aims to offer you the best service possible, although we make no promise that the services at the Playwell Site will meet your requirements. Playwell cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service you should report it to the Customer Services at email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can. Your access to the Playwell Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Playwell will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
13. As a convenience to Playwell customers, the Playwell site includes links to other web sites or material which are beyond its control. Playwell is not responsible for content on the Internet or World Wide Web pages on the Playwell site.
14. In order for any customer to make any purchase of Nunchaku, Bostaff, Bokken, Tomfa and Sai, you will need to register with Playwell Martial Arts to validate you are over the age of 18.
15. These terms supersede all previous business agreements.
7. SALES OF WEAPONS
No weapons will be sold to persons under the age of 18 years or to anyone who is not able to supply a M.A.C. licence or registered club card. We would like to draw our customers' attention to the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 which states that it is prohibited to carry in a public place any weapon considered to be offensive. We would like to point out that holding a licence or club card which permits you to purchase weapons does not entitle you to carry such weapons in a public place.
All metal Weapons are offered for Sale as Collectors and Utility Items. There is absolutely no suggestion that any Metal Weapon offered is suitable for combat as a weapon for inflicting injury on a person or causing to fear injury.
8. CUSTOMS AND IMPORT CHARGES
Customs and import charges are paid for once the order reaches its destination country. The recipient is responsible for paying these charges and may be unavoidable.
As we have no control over these charges we are not responsible for paying them and unfortunately would not be able to tell you how much the cost may be. If you need to find out these costs you should contact your local customs office who should be able help you.
Any customer refusing to pay relevant import duties and taxes to their local authorities will have their order automatically returned to Playwell Martial Arts. Playwell reserve the right to remove all shipping and administrative costs from any refund due to the customer refusing delivery.
1 member online.